When it’s cold out, dressing up sometimes seems like a large feat, especially when the fireplace is more inviting. But with a few key pieces, dressing up for the cold weather is not only stylish, but comfortable too. Most of these items can be mixed to create several great date night outfits, like the ones I give below. So get shopping with these timeless pieces and wow your next date!
- Pea Coat: Not only do these coats keep you warm, but they are also much more stylish than a ski jacket for a night out.
- Waterproof Boots: Waterproof boots are a must for the Canadian winter. I suggest getting one shorter pair and one higher pair, heel optional.
- Knit Dress: These dresses are huge right now, not to mention oh so comfortable and flattering!
- Scarf: Scarves instantly add a pop and some warmth to any outfit. Besides being fashionable with endless colour, texture, and length possibilities, scarves guarantee warmth in the colder months.
- Turtleneck: Turtlenecks are back in and are a great alternative to a regular long sleeve this winter season.
- Faux Fur Vest or Coat: Faux fur is also back in again this season and is almost as great as the blanket you would otherwise be using in front of the fireplace at home.
- Leather Leggings: With the comfort of regular leggings, leather leggings instantly dress up an outfit and allow you to avoid the stiff feel that comes along with wearing jeans in the winter.
So, What does that look like together?
Outfit One: Waterproof boots, pea coat, turtleneck, and scarf.
Outfit Two: Pea coat, waterproof boots, and leather leggings.
Outfit Three: Waterproof boots and knit dress.
Outfit Four: Waterproof boots, fur vest, and leather leggings.
How about you UTM? What’s your go to winter outfit?