So here we are. The semester is over, the midterms and essays have been written, and the all-nighters have been had, sort of. Exam season is a special time here at UTM and much like Halloween, it brings out the zombie in all of us. Here are 10 things I know to be true about exam season.
1) Sleep goes out the window.
We think we’ll get more work done if we just take an extra hour to review something or finish an assignment, but this is definitely not the case.
2) Where is the caffeine (or alcohol)?
Coffee, energy drinks, Awake Chocolate bars—anything to keep you awake and focused.
Whatever it is, you have something to look forward to once your exams are over.
4) Early bird gets the study space.
Desks, couches, stairs, classrooms are all spaces up for grabs. Oh, and that’s you, but with less joy.
5) You memorized the speech recited at the beginning of all exams—that thing about bringing electronic gadgets, feeling ill (and seeking medical attention), and being a latecomer.
6) Post-its, highlighters, colourful pens, pencils (and more supplies) rule your world.
7) You get acquainted with campus food.
8) Reviewing your notes and wondering when you learned it.
9) Wondering how much of what you learn (and study) will actually show up on the exam.
10) Looking at the exam from last year like… ?!
Good Luck UTM!